VI Client: Changing the language from the system default

Well, as I am in fact running a german Windows XP, the VI Client started displaying all menus and operations in German when I updated to 2.5u2. Normally, I wouldn’t have much of a problem with that, but recently it started to annoy me, since the translation is a bit off from the real meaning of much of the operations.

So today, in the morning I started looking for ways to revert the VI Client back to displaying everything in English. And guess what. There’s no way to switch the language from the VI Client itself. There’s just a workaround.

Simply rename the folder in “%ProgramFiles%VMwareInfrastructureVirtual Infrastructure Client2.5“, %ProgramFiles%VMwareInfrastructureVIUpdate” “%ProgramFiles%VMwareInfrastructureVirtual Infrastructure ClientPluginsConverter Enterprise 4.0.2” and “%ProgramFiles%VMwareInfrastructureVirtual Infrastructure ClientPluginsUpdate Manager 1.0 Update3” named “de” to something else. Tada, your VI Client is back in English.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.