TS7530 authentification failure

Today, I had a rather troublesome morning. Once I got to work, Nagios was already complaining about the lin_taped on one of our TSM servers, which apparently failed due to too many SCSI resets. Additionally, I can’t login using the VE console (I can login however using SSH) so I ended up opening up a IBM Electronic Service Call (ESC+).

Using SSH, I can get some information on the VE’s status:

After looking a bit deeper, it seems that none of the two TSM server is able to see the IBMchanger devices for the first VTL. The second is perfectly visible, just not the first. After putting both VE nodes into suspended failover, gathering support data for the IBM support from both VE’s and the Brocade SAN switches, apparently everything works again. I guess the library does have “self healing” properties.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.