Tivoli Storage Manager Server 5.5.3

I spent yesterday afternoon upgrading our TS7530, and in my fad I also upgraded TSM to 5.5.3. Now, once I started TSM it quickly started complaining about the paths to the drives.

I thought maybe this is a mere device problem (we have had them before), so I rebooted the boxes. But still no luck and I went home after about an hour of trying without any luck. In the morning, my co-worker called our trustworthy IBM service partner, and the TSM consultant said he had the exact, same problem yesterday. We would have two options:

  1. Enable the option SANDISCOVERY, with the (completely undocumented) Passive setting (setopt SANDISCOVERY PASSIVE)
  2. Downgrade back to 5.5.2

For now, we implemented the first option, in the hope that’ll solve our troubles. And it actually does.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.